Monday, November 3, 2014

Salvaged Pallet Wood Photo "Frame"/Jewelry Holder


This project started off as a tray that I cut too short! It's a little over 12" wide, 18" long. No fear, it makes a great jewelry display/frame...or really, even a small tray!

Some pallet board, some blue stain, a little sanding/distressing. And a little boring. I put on some black & some white Ranger crackle paint here & there...to stark. A little sanding, a little gray washing. Good enough to make me happy.


I added four drawer pulls, all different, but used the same brass back plates to have a common thread. I sprayed them several times with Modern Masters Metal Effects Iron patina solution to get them to age more& get that gorg green patina happening.





I hammered in some copper upholstery tacksfrom Lowe's, my favorite store aside from Hobby Lobby & called it a day! She too, is awaiting the day I open my Etsy shop!

Onto the next!



No comments:

Post a Comment