Monday, November 3, 2014

Salvaged Pallet Wood & Antique Bed Springs Coat Rack



You hear someone messing around in your alley, it's almost midnight, a car running...DON'T grab your gun, I live in Texas, it's just little ol' me grabbing some of your discarded gems! Man, the things people throw away. Yup, I'm a trash digger...& fortunately (for the world) & unfortunately(for me) I'm not the only one!

So I came across these beautiful painted, faded, weathered blue boards & snatched 'em up QUICK! Already knowing what I wanted to do with them.

After sitting in my yard to weather some more, today was their day. I grabbed some& some discarded pallet wood laid them on my work table & ran a saw across them. I cut two or three pieces of regular ol' discarded wood for the braces in the back. I screwed it all together from behind. Rummaged through my collection of hooks & found two antique hooks, one new hook that I rusted by leaving in the elements, plus two curtain tie-backs. I grabbed three bed springs & attached them with black odd shaped nails that look hand forged but I bought at Lowe's, the best store ever. Screwed in the hooks & I was done.

It's around 2 ft high, 3 ft long, substantial, in all it's weathered glory. Sprayed it all down with matte spray sealer & now it's ready for a new home!

Onto the next!

No comments:

Post a Comment